Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Large Inchie Canvas

Kind of got a bit addicted to the inchies after the last small one I did, so I decided to attempt a larger one. This canvas is 30cm x30cm and has 81 inchies on it (well they're actually 1-1/4 inches). I thought it would take me ages to do but I just sat at my desk most evenings and made a few and the whole thing probably took about a week to finish. I salvaged the canvas from one of my many experiments that went horribly wrong and just painted it with black gesso and added a little jade green Rub & Buff around the edges. All the tiles are varying shades of green, it being my favourite colour. The colours don't show up all that well but you get the general idea.
Some close ups of the tiles.




I had to include John, Paul, George and Ringo to the mix. Such a huge part of my teenage years.









0 comments:







Post a Comment