Thursday, November 6, 2008

"She Journal"

Over that last two months I've been doing an art journal class with the very talented and sweet Audrey. The journal was based on sayings from one of the Compendium books which is titled She......lots of quotes in it. Last night was my last class (some of the others are doing an additional 2 lessons). Audrey forgot to bring her camera so I said I would take some photos and put them on my blog for her. This is the front cover, transparencies, chipboard shapes, and some small charms tied to the binding. We made those last night. That Audrey.......she comes up with the most amazing ideas.
This one I call "Penis Head" for obvious reasons. We had a good laugh about it last night and I promise she will eventually have a lovely flower or butterfly applied over the offending appendage. After I had done the page, I sat back and looked and couldn't quite pinpoint what was wrong with it, until I looked closer and realised that what was in fact part of her head band, looked liked a penis. Yikes!!!!!!!

This page is not quite finished but I wanted to include some of the pages we did in class with Audrey. This consisted of heat embossing, glued down gauze and down one side of the silver heart will eventually be another quote from the book.


This is a photo of some graffiti on a building at the old Ramida recycling centre. The whole place is overed in it with thousands of discarded spray cans strewn all over the ground. Such mindless vandalism!



Another of the pages we did in class, although I had a bit of an accident with this page on the way home so I had to alter a couple of things on it.




I just like this page!





One of the quotes we tore from the book and smudged with gesso.






Photo copies of photos. Parts of them put through the cuttlebug embossing folders and then sanded back and smudged with stuff.
Thanks Audrey for sharing your creative ideas with us all .






Some of the charms we made and a beauftiful beaded charm that Audrey made for us all, these were attached to the binding with jump rings.









0 comments:







Post a Comment