Friday, December 26, 2008

Arty Girlz Challenge


Well I decided to join a challenge. It's the first time for me and I came across the Arty Girlz blog and their theme for the challenge was something you can display in your home. Well last Sunday I decided I would make some Christmas flags to hang across the window in our family room. I decorate the "kippers" lounge room with the Christmas tree and lots of little bits and bobs all around but tend not to do much with our lounge room. Seeing as we were having Christmas lunch here with my mum and sister and my inlaws I thought I would do something creative and the flags popped into my head.

It was a bit of rush job and I would have liked to add a lot more embelishments to them and poor old "Merry" didn't even get made, but I was reasonably pleased with the way they turned out.






Just chipboard covered in Christmas theme scrapbook paper, some chipboard letters painted in gold and silver then embossed with a cuttlebug folder. I pulled apart some old decorations that haven't been used in a few years and attached or glued them to the bottom of the flags and also edged them all with various patterned German scrap that I smudged with rub & buff.
So head on over to http://artygirlzchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ and have a look at some of the other participants.










0 comments:







Post a Comment