Friday, January 30, 2009

'Art Retreat' stuff

The Singer dummy was the best company you could have whilst away. She wasn't in the least bit demanding, never wanted to know what was for dinner, didn't want endless cups of coffee or where were her new jeans.....have I washed them yet. Didn't gloat about her hour glass figure or frown at me when I ate 2 icecreams and she watched over me every night like a guardian angel and didn't even snore. (Apparently I did....very loudly....scared the cat)
Well I don't seem to have much to show for a whole week of doing nothing but art. Here are some twinchies (2" x 2") I did. Top left looks awful but it was a technique I was trying out to get the look of encaustic without the wax. It looks better in real life. Bottom left is an exercise I tried after reading it on some ones blog. Pick up the nearest book to you, turn to page 56, find the fifth sentence on that page and either use it as a prompt or a quote. I used it as a quote A lot of stuff I did will never see the light of day. Some went in the bin, a lot will be cut up as backgrounds for inchies, twinchies, ATC's and skinnies and quite a bit will be painted over. But I had fun!


0 comments:







Post a Comment