Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend

It has been so hot this weekend and the humidity is unbearable. In my lounge room it's currently 27.1c with 71% humidity and it's only 9.00 am. Roll on winter! And because it was so unbearable the last two days, well I just had to sit at my desk and try not to move too much. Even with the aircon on movement of any sort was a no-no. So here's what I did to pass the time and to try and keep cool. An ATC using scrap paper (I think I used it to wipe the paint brush and clean a stamp), trying to use up some of my vast amount of letter stickers so that's what the question mark and quote are from. Then I edged the whole thing with Tim Holtz metallic crackle paint 'Brushed Silver'. I quite like the effect.
This one...... the same sort of scrap (clean the paint brush) paper with an image from a book, some stamping and stencilled through some sequin waste, the quote was just a piece of paper floating around under all the mess and some german scrap.

Here I've painted (at least 20 coats) a piece of 12.5 cm x 20 cm grungeboard. Dress, hat and the underneath of her wings are wallpaper, (another thing I'm trying to use up) face and legs are magazine images and the quote is another.......closest book, page 56, fifth sentence down. I think someone needs to take charge of her wardrobe......lord, that hat is a sight to behold!



0 comments:







Post a Comment