Thursday, September 30, 2010

Battle of the Blow Flies….The Mortein and I are Winning.

I’ve been waging a battle with blow flies today. A couple of warm days in a row and out they come. I’ve killed 5 already and it beats me how they’re getting inside. Mind you…..I do have a rather delicious smelling curry gently bubbling away in the crock pot, so that’s probably what’s attracting them.

That’s a bit sad……only blow flies are attracted to my cooking. As you know, my cooking is the butt of many jokes by the kippers but I can proudly say that  someone or at least something finds my cooking appealing.

The necklace below has been sitting on my desk for a few weeks because I just wasn’t able to give it a kick. It was bland and blah and dull. I loved the polymer clay toggle I made and the resin shell bead that I wire wrapped to the filigree flower. And the freshwater pearls I liked, but the whole thing was too much the same colour. Then the colour guru came for a visit, namely Carmen. Within minutes she had picked out just the right colour beads to give it a lift. Sea foam green facetted amazonite beads wired between mother of pearl ones. Thanks Carmen, you’re the best!

Silver flower

Another poly flower pendant.

P1020602-1

This one is silver clay with a pearl glaze over the top.

P1020599-1

With a chunky matt black chain. It’s a fairly large pendant about 4.5 cm (1.75”).

P1020601-1

Lori from Pretty Things wrote a very interesting post about blogging a few days ago and then asked for comments asking  people their likes and dislikes when it came to reading blogs. Lots of varied answers and I added my two bob’s worth. Most blogs I love to read, I love lots of pictures but my one pet peeve is a blog with a black background and white writing. I find them very hard on my eyes to read and usually bypass them.

What are your likes and dislikes if any?


0 comments:







Post a Comment