Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Colour Mixing

So I decided to live life on the edge, step out of my comfort zone and try some colour mixing. Black and white was getting a tad boring and I got some fantastic colour recipes off the net so here are the results of my mixing. Being a fan of most shades of green I thought I’d start with those shades.

As you can see it’s a rather involved process and not being the most methodical or organised person I’ve had to take over the dining room table much to the family’s chagrin. Oh for heavens sake……it’s not staying there for ever……maybe just till the weekend!

P1020607-1

I had to condition quite a few colours although I haven’t used them all yet.

P1020608-1

Blue and yellow being the main ones.

P1020603-1

So many parts yellow to blue……….

P1020604-1

……and look, six different shades of green.

P1020605-1

Once I’ve baked them I’ll write the recipe on the chip and then I’ll have them for future reference.

P1020606-1

To all those different shades of green and I can add small amounts of black or grey or white or beach or ecru which will give me a whole lot more shades ranging from dark green to an almost grey and all shades in between.

I haven’t been making much jewellery lately as work has started to pick up quite a bit. Now the weather is starting to fine up people are on the move. Downsizing and upsizing and moving to retirement villages. They are the jobs I get the most satisfaction from. Elderley people who are so overwhelmed by the whole moving process, being able to re-assure them that by the end of the day the chaos will be gone and the house that’s full to bursting with cartons will become a home with everything in it’s rightful place all spick and span and neat and tidy. A lot like my own home……not!


0 comments:







Post a Comment