Friday, October 15, 2010

Extrusions

I was making some more colour mixing chips this morning and I had lots of small bits of clay left over, soooooo……seeing as how I’m having another class with Pam on Tuesday and we’re going to be exploring all things extruded, I thought I’d have a play around and familiarise myself with this neat little gadget. I’m still on the green kick with the colour mixing so to add some contrast I added some cream.

P1020613-1

It’s quite miraculous the way the colours come out.

P1020614-1

Very op-art sixties kind of look.

P1020615-1

P1020616-1

Then I thought I’d play around with black, grey, cream, white and translucent. Cut out all the disc and stuck them together.

P1020617-1

P1020618-1

Loaded them into the gun.  And started turning and out comes a square sausage.

P1020619-1

Cut the log into even size pieces and stack them together.

P1020620-1

And this is the result.

P1020621-1

So then I got a bit ahead of myself and decided to make a pendant. After I had placed the thin slice of extruded cane onto the pendant I decided the grey pendant needed some texture but there was no way I could lift the sliced cane off. So I carefully textured around the edge….clearly I wasn’t careful enough because I’ve squished the bottom of the cane and now it’s a bit raggedy looking.

P1020628-1

Oh well, another learning curve, but I do love this little gadget and I’m looking forward to my class with Pam for more extruder exploration.


0 comments:







Post a Comment