Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Foils

In my last polymer clay class with Pam she showed me quite a few different techniques for image transfers and towards the end of the lesson we had a quick play with foils. Lots of things can be done with foils from getting a nice crackled antique look to imitation dichroic (sp) glass. Not being a big fan of dichroic glass I decided to play around and see what else I could come up with using these different coloured shiny pieces of plastic.

Pam gave me a small piece of black foil to take home and I’m afraid I’ve fallen in love with it. The pieces below are white clay covered with black and I really like the sort of scratched and slightly mottled look. They make me think of photo negatives…….don’t know why.
P1020695-1

So the one pendant that I loved the most became this necklace.

P1020694-1

I’ve also branched out and made some brooches using my stampotique stamps. Love these gals. They’re so kooky and out there.
P1020700-1

She’s my favourite.
P1020701-1

Not the best picture…sorry. Stamped on to a denim coloured clay because I think they would look good with jeans and shirts.
P1020704-1

Just another necklace with a crescent shape that I stamped with script and added the wings.
P1020698-1 
The days just seem to be flying by. I’ve started a bit of Christmas shopping already and over the next few days hope to make start on the Christmas cards. It’s such a busy time and I always like to try and get to the shops before the school holidays start because it’s bedlam by then.

Technorati Tags: ,,


0 comments:







Post a Comment