Sunday, May 29, 2011

Beautifully Bound


My good friend and fellow artist Svetlana is not only a creative and talented altered art and mixed media artist but is also the most wonderful book binder.
We caught up the other day for coffee and a trip to the art store and the dump. We love the dump……..(more on our dump finds in another post). Anyway I just had to buy one of Svetlana's beautiful leather bound journals.

P1030113-1 

The leather is so soft and supple (smells good too) and I love the binding.

P1030114-1


and the metal closure.

P1030115-1


The paper is such beautiful quality.

P1030116-1


I’ve wanted a journal for ages so I’m able to jot down ideas and sketches for jewellery and beads and colour combinations. But now I’m hesitant to use it because it’s just so beautiful and special I’m afraid I’ll ruin it with my awful drawings and terrible hand writing.
I’m going to try and convince Svetlana to open an on line store. But in the mean time I’m sure if you head over to her blog and beg her to make you one, she will.


0 comments:







Post a Comment