Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Hop

Bead Soup 
Well it’s here,  and it’s bigger then Ben Hur, the bead soup blog hop. Lots and lots of participants and plenty of gorgeous jewelery to look at.
Here is what my partner Janet from Texas sent to me.
 Janets beads
  Beautiful lampwork beads that she made and a hand forged clasp. As I said in an earlier post these are colours I normally wouldn’t choose myself so it was quite a challenge to come up with a design that showcased the lovely beads.  Also they arrived 8 days before the big reveal, (not Janet’s doing, but the fault of the post) so I was a bit strapped for time. Perth being a smallish city with not a lot to choose from in the way of bead stores, I didn’t have a lot of gold coloured findings and no chain and not enough time to order on line.
Janets beads 2 

So after looking through my stash I decided I’d go along a more contemporary path and use black enamel chain and black wire with just a few gold coloured jump rings.

P1030427-1
I’ve put the clasp on the side because I thought it would sit well there and that meant an asymmetrical design which I love. I used all but two of Janet’s beads and just added one of my polymer clay oval discs to the focal.

P1030432-1

P1030430-1
If you would like to see more of Janet’s beads she has an Etsy store where you can see her incredible array of beautiful lampwork beads.
P1030429-1

P1030427-1

P1030428-1

Thanks Janet for sending me such beautiful beads and a big thankyou to Lori for organising such a huge event.
To view the list visit Lori’s blog page, it’s a long list but take a few days to hop around and see some incredible jewellery from some very talented artists from all over the world.

I almost forgot to add that should hop on over to Janets blog to see what she made with the bead soup that I sent to her.

 The Hostess, Lori Anderson and her partner, Manuela Wutschke

Technorati Tags: ,


0 comments:







Post a Comment