Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Reason I’ve Been AWOL………


…….is this…..whoohoo!


Also another reason I’ve been absent is because I’ve started a new on line store with madeit.com an Australian online handmade craft site. So I’ve been busy finding my way around it and uploading photos. I’m still called Back Pocket Designs www.madeit.com.au/backpocketdesigns like my Artfire store but I have taken a couple of items from there and put them into madeit. I’m probably going to downgrade my Artfire store to a basic seller instead of pro. I’m just finding all the changes they have been making (and I know they’re for the best) a little hard to deal with. I’m one of those baby boomers who don’t like change, especially any changes to do with computing. Pathetic I know, and don’t get me started on all the Facebook changes…..sheesh, I couldn’t even work it properly before the changes, now I’m completely bamboozled and flummoxed.

So any way, that’s what’s been happening in my small world of late. I love, love, love, my new studio. It’s great to be able to work on something and just walk away and leave it all there until the next day and not have to pack it all away. That was so annoying and would often stop me from trying new things and exploring my clay and generally being creative.

These are a couple of pieces I’ve listed in madeit. This one made the “New Finds” page on my first day and had over 90 views, so that’s encouraging.

P1030532-1
Edited to note: This necklace sold about 10 minutes ago. My first sale on Made It.


P1030546-1

Wish me luck on my new venture.


0 comments:







Post a Comment