Sunday, December 11, 2011

Well I Never



I never, ever thought cooking and recipes would ever darken my blog door. But there’s a first for everything I guess. I’ve been a cooking machine today in readiness for Christmas.

chicken

Chicken deboned, stuffed with sundried tomatoes, wholemeal breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, basil, egg, salt and pepper then rolled and covered with strips of bacon and tied up and baked. I’ve made 4 of these in the last few days.

The most divine, decadent and delicious Apricot, Macadamia and White Chocolate Christmas cake. It’s cooling on my kitchen bench as I write this. I’ve made this a couple of times for Christmas instead of the usual traditional (and sometimes boring fruit cake)  we usually have.

img225

It’s about the only recipe I make that actually looks like the photo accompanying the instructions. It’s  well documented on this blog that I hate cooking with a passion.

Here’s a little anecdote that will showcase my lack of any cooking gene. My future DIL Erin was having dinner with us the other night when she said she had to ring her mother and ask her to make some cupcakes for Erin to take to work the next day. My response was if one of my children rang at 7.00 pm that night asking for cakes to be made for the next day I’d just laugh and hang up. So she was telling her mum the next day what I’d said and then in the next breathe she said but I bet if Michael rang at 7.00 pm wanting a handmade birthday card or a piece of jewellery made she’d get on it right away. Oh Erin……you know me too well!


0 comments:







Post a Comment