Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Greetings


I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. I intend eating hot cross buns for breakfast and for the first time in living memory there’s not a single Easter egg or chocolate in the house. We decided after coming home from our holiday we would keep it very low key and not buy each other chocolates or presents. Aren't we good?

photo 

Now that we have all slowly but surely slipped back into our routines, today I had the house to myself and took the opportunity to list a couple of things on my madeit store.

Cherry Blossom. Caramel coloured polymer clay with an embossed cherry blossom design that I hand coloured. Bronze coloured chain with red lucite beads.

P1030986-001

I made this one quite awhile ago. Grey and white textured clay with gunmetal gray chain, connectors, toggle and clasp and a floral metal embellishment embedded in the pendant.  It’s one of my favourites.

P1030999-001


I’ve got the cake stand bug. They are so easy to make and the possibilities are endless, they can be cheap and cheerful op shop finds or items you already have at home, or you can buy beautiful designer plates and candle holders and put one together.

P1040181-001

This is a cheap and cheerful op shop find. A dollar each for the plate and what I think is a vase.

P1040182-001

I made this one for Brighita. She’s not a fussy, floral, frou-frou kind of a girl, so I was excited when I spotted this vase and the plain white plate.

P1040180-001

P1040179-001

Staying with a white unfussy theme. I put this together yesterday.

P1040183-001 

I made the heart pendant before I went away.

P1040184-001

And I wanted to try one of the silver plated necklace clasps I bought in Bali. They are quite large, about a half inch in diameter, big enough to feature as a focal with a few small beads attached. That’s something to explore.

P1040186-001

So that’s what I’ve been up to this past week. Can’t seem to get back into making clay things at the moment. But I’m going to try and remedy that today. I have few ideas percolating around in my head that require experimentation, so my studio will turn into a laboratory today (don’t worry…..nothing will blow up or explode) but there may be paint splatters abounding.

And don't forget my Bali Bead giveaway. You still have a day or two to enter, so just leave a comment on the post below to be in the running.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Davinia,
    Your pieces are beautiful. I like the cake plate stand that is a neat idea.
    Happy Easter
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese, the cake plates are such fun and easy and as inexpensive or as pricey as you wish. A bit hard to store though if you don't have a lot of cupboards (like me!).

      Delete
  2. Cherry blossom necklace is beautiful. I like it. They are my kind of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little cake stand. Your pieces are gorgeous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the necklaces (?) and the card. I gotta love the cake stand too ;-) Happy easter greetings to all!

    ReplyDelete