Sunday, April 22, 2012

When Creativity is Away on Holiday

I think my muse is still in Bali living the high life because it's certainly not anywhere around here. All I've managed to do in the last few days is make a hideous duct tape bag, an even more hideous painting (which will never see the light of day) and these rather plain looking necklaces.

 

I'd made the pendants awhile ago and a couple of days ago I was given a whole bunch of these buna cord necklaces. They are quite plain, but I rather like their simplicity.

 

A choker style necklace and they are comfortable to wear.

 

I don't normally make jewellery using gold colored beads and findings but the the gold closure on this buna cord dictated the colour of the pendant. It has an Asian feel to it I think.

 

And this one a slightly vintage look with texture and glazing.

Oh well a new week is just about to start and maybe the muse will return sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. Those are cute. I like the simplicity, too. I really like the black and gold one. I'm in the minority, I know, but I prefer gold to silver for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh a new header...nice! So I can see you have been playing with your goodies bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh a new header...nice! So I can see you have been playing with your goodies bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cords are really neat. And, their simplicity really lends itself to highlight the beauty of your pendants!

    ReplyDelete