Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I’m a Design Team Member


Facebook is great place to find long lost friends. A couple of weeks ago as I was perusing facebook I found Mel again. Mel used to work at my local Scrap Book store (it’s since closed) and was always a sweet and helpful person when I went in looking for things. Carmen and I also took a couple of mixed media classes with Mel and I’m sure she dreaded it when she knew we were both in her class, we tended to be a bit disruptive at times. So when she left we lost touch, despite the fact we only live a couple of suburbs away from each other.

So not only was I excited to find her but super excited when I discovered she is making and selling silicon moulds. I love moulds for my clay work and I’m always on the look out for new ones. Off I went to her blog and Etsy store “Moulds by Mel’ to investigate further and then messaged her with a couple of questions.
I noticed that she had started a design team with two very talented scrapbookers Jenny Burns and Tina Dalton. Well I just unashamedly and without any embarrassment or humiliation begged to be on her design team offering up my jewelery designs using her moulds. Well, what could the poor girl do but take pity on me and say yes.
Friday my first moulds arrived in the mail and Mel very generously popped in a couple of extras.

P1040443-001

I’ve only had a chance for a quick play with some scrap clay and I love them already. Other things got in the way of me being creative with these moulds. Like this……..

P1040455-001

P1040445-001
…….yes my birthday. I turned 59 on Saturday, the last year of my fifties. So if 40 is the old age of youth and 50 is the youth of old age what the heck will 60 be.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! (But I can see you are already having that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 59! And don't dread the 6.0, it ain't old anymore. I am having more fun now than I did in my 50's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 59! And don't dread the 6.0, it ain't old anymore. I am having more fun now than I did in my 50's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how those molds turn out. The cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making Mel's Design Team...you are going to love playing with the moulds. Look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki, I'm really excited to be on the team and can't wait to stat playing with them

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! You'll do some really cute things with the molds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated birthday wishes Davinia. Hope you had a fun day.
    Vanaja

    ReplyDelete