Friday, June 1, 2012

Macramé Bracelet


Remember these?

   macrame bracelet

Over the weekend I experimented, with kitchen string, got quite muddled and kept forgetting which side to start from until I eventually worked it out.

Macrame

I’m glad I started with string because there was a lot of unpicking and cuss words spoken. So once I worked out the pattern correctly I used some black waxed linen thread and a brass disc that I had in my stash of stuff.

Macrame1

Not that happy with it although my square knots look pretty good. The beads I used were the only ones I had that have a big enough hole to thread the two middle anchor threads through and they are not really to my liking. Small beads with big holes work best. But I have lots of ideas for this particular style of bracelet and hopefully in the coming days I’ll have some exciting news to reveal and this type of bracelet will figure large in it. I’m also going to experiment with a slightly thicker cord to see how that effects the over all look.

Stay tuned!

Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Davinia,
    Very pretty! I enjoy making these bracelets as well and like you it took a little practice to get back in the swing of tying square knots.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying experimenting with macrame lately, too. You'll be able to do some really cool things with your clay pieces!

    ReplyDelete